Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I have decided to quit Facebook.  Why?  Because I'm tired of having the temptation to use it as an emotional outlet, word vomitting all over everyone who is my "friend" (I use quotes because a facebook friend isn't anything like a real friend.  Let's face it, I collect facebook friends like trading cards).  Also, I'm tired of the thought process that I find myself going through saying, "Look, I have 785 friends!  I'm popular!"  There is an identity that comes with social media that I don't like, and I've slipped into it.

I prefer face-to-face contact anyway.  It's much better for my life and probably for yours.  This blog hasn't been updated in quite a while, not since April.  I intend to use this space as I always have:  To journal my thoughts from the word, to talk about mission trips and the general adventure of the Christian life.

So, with that, stay tuned.  I have much to blog about.

1 comment:

  1. 785 "friends"? Wow. Ok so this means you'll hangout with your boys some more?

    ReplyDelete